Thursday, January 9, 2014

The Priorties of Life - How I am Setting Them

I cannot believe how very long it has been since I updated this blog. But, I am grateful for all my followers!

Happy NewYear!

It's 2014 and of course that means reflecting on the past and making plans for the future. My minister recently said that there are two types of people in the world - the ones that say, "Yes, new year means new goals and plans - let's celebrate!" and the other ones that say: "So what? It's just another day like any other."

Well, I laugh at myself because I find that I actually fall into the second category this year.  Don't worry, I don't feel cynical about it or anything and my 2013 was actually pretty lovely. I guess I feel like life is to busy to look backward too much, to spend too much time reflecting on difficulties of the past, when life is right there waiting to be lived!

With homeschooling, being a home maker, working part time, helping my husband lead out church's music ministry and just being here on earth, I am too busy to look behind me!



But, yes, even  pragmatist me started thinking about what I would like to see happen, and although I am too chicken to write it down on a piece of paper (you know, that's making it SERIOUS), I have a few ideas.

- Increase my time and quality with God.  Regular Bible study and prayer.
- Continue to enjoy my time as a homeschooler - keeping the mood light in school, having LOTS of fun
- Encourage and lift up my husband
- Practice gratitude
- East less chocolate
-Have an amazing garden
-Camp more

and lastly...I would love to get pregnant this year. It's in God's hands.

Whatever you are, believe this:

Jeremiah 29:11

New International Version (NIV)
11 For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."

No matter what we plan...God already has one.  


So, are you a "celebrater" or a "cynic" ?  What are you plans for the new year?

No comments:

Post a Comment